Monday, March 15, 2010

Traffic!!!!!!!!

Living in a somewhat small town and in the mountains, doesn't make for a lot of traffic - unless it's aspen viewing season!!

Friday I left work early, hoping to miss some of the traffic in Colorado Springs and Denver on my way to Ft. Collins - ugh, that didn't happen! I hit traffic right outside of the Springs - stop and go traffic until I got to the next town.

Then it was easy sailing until I got into Denver - by this time it was 4:45 and I was expecting SOME traffic - but what I drove in was absolutely ridiculous!! How people drive on a daily basis in that kind of traffic, I'll never know! Stop and go - stop and go - stop and go - that's all I did for the next hour and a half! My normal 3 hour trip to Ft. Collins took 4 hours to get there!

I guess if you grow up in a city and are used to traffic like that, you just take it with a grain of salt and plan your day accordingly - but when you've grown up in a super small town where the only traffic jam is 2 or 3 cars behind a tractor, then driving on a 4 lane interstate with bumper to bumper cars is a little bit intimidating - and time consuming - and nerve wracking!

I'm glad I STILL live in a smaller town where traffic isn't an issue - and I've made a HUGE mental note to myself to NEVER drive through Denver again during rush hour!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Not much fun - that is for sure. But at least you made it there safe and sound!

DrKeppy said...

Not fun! I live here and can't stand it! I don't know how my husband drives in it all day every day!