Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fun Things To Do On A Snow Day!!

1) Sleep in
2) Have your husband cook you breakfast
3) Watch it snow and snow and snow
4) Scrapbook
5) Call your friend (who is working) and rub it in that you're home
6) Put dinner in the crockpot (see below)
7) Make yourself an awesome cup of special coffee
8) Make a peach crisp (see below)
9) Scrapbook
10) Get some fresh air by scooping the decks
11) Scrapbook
12) Have a massage pre-booked on that night and make sure the roads are clear so she can get up the driveway!

Did you gather the fact that I enjoyed my day off???? I did - it was wonderful!!

And I also have TWO recipes to share with you!! Both are new and were great!!

Cranberry Chicken

Chicken pieces (I used 4 breasts and 4 thighs)
1 can of cranberry sauce (whole cranberries)
1 16 oz catalina dressing
1 package dry onion soup mix

Mix all together in a crockpot and cook 4 to 6 hours!

I LOVE doing crockpot recipes but the problem is that most of the recipes only need to cook 6 hours or so - I'm gone for 9 1/2 hours each day- just doesn't work!! So I enjoy doing crockpot recipes on the weekend!! The above recipe is a variation of another recipe I have but this one is SUPER good and the sauce it cooks in is just downright yummy - I put it on baked potatos!


Easy Peach Crisp

2 cans (15 1/4 oz. each) sliced peaches, drained
1/3 cup flour
1/3 packed brown sugar
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted

Place the drained fruit in a 1 qt. shallow baking dish

Combine the flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon. Mix in the butter till crumbly and sprinkle over the fruit

Bake at 375 degrees or until golden brown - serve warm with ice cream!

This recipe was SUPER easy and I enjoyed the fact that I had all the ingredients on hand - it's simple and fast to make! Is it as good as using fresh peaches? Of course not! But it works during the winter when fresh peaches are not available!!

Take a guess what's rolling in AGAIN tomorrow night??? Must be March in the mountains!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Sounds like a very interesting chicken crockpot dish! I think you were going to make it for me when I was up once but didn't have all the ingredients.... Glad you enjoyed your snow day (again!)

Teri said...

I could sure use a snow day but I don't want the snow! I may try that peach crisp recipe as I have not made Jay his peach dessert for his birthday yet.