Sunday, May 23, 2010

The End of the Journey

When we awoke on Saturday morning, the ship was already docked in Seattle! Our vacation had come to an end - it was time to get back on land - re-enter the real world!

I had one last strawberry crepe for breakfast and before we knew it, our time had come to get off the ship - our time to disembark was at 8:30 and our luggage would be waiting for us in the HUGE building under the color green #3!!

It seemed like a madhouse in the building but yet it was very well organized at the same time - there was another cruise ship that was also unloading passengers so there were a lot of people around!

I sent Glenn into our luggage area to find our suitcases and he found the big black one right away but not the duffel bag! He looked and looked - I looked and looked - pretty soon there were hardly any bags left in our area - we looked in other areas -still no luck - by this time we had been looking a long time and knew that it just wasn't there - so I found someone to take a missing luggage report and she assured me that as soon as they found it, they would fed ex it to us!!

I wasn't a happy camper at this point - and I was frantically trying to think WHAT was packed in that bag, in case it's never found. I didn't care about the clothes and shoes but I had a feeling that it held a lot of other things that would NOT be replaceable.

Once we got home and I opened the suitcase that we DID have, my biggest fear WAS confirmed - 2 of the disposable cameras with my pictures from the last 3 days were in that suitcase! Our 2 coffee mugs that our travel agent had given us were in there, and packed inside them were 3 of my Christmas ornaments, along with an Alaskan scrapbook I had bought! And the list goes on....... So I will pray that our piece of luggage is found and shipped to us and make a mental note to myself to NEVER, EVER pack a camera in another bag!! It sure wasn't the best vacation for cameras!!

To sum up the vacation though, it was wonderful!! We really enjoyed seeing the little bit of Alaska that we did see and know it's a place we would love to explore further someday!

Would we ever do a cruise again? I would but Glenn is still a little undecided at this point - it was a little too confining for him I think - but you never know if you'll like something until you try it!

One more item crossed off my bucket list......................

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Darn I was hoping you had the bag with all the "goodies" in it! Surely they didn't LOSE it, just misplaced it! I hope you see it on your doorstep soon!

ahh bear said...

Any word on your bag? That would make me ill - I hope they've found it!

We took a cruise many moons ago. I loved that you unpacked once and got to see a bunch of destinations. The food was great and we went with a big group which was fun b/c you had people to hang out with when you wanted to and you could be alone when you didn't want to. However, I'm really sensitive to the roll of the sea and while I didn't get sick on board, I felt like I was still on the boat a good week after we had gotten off ... that was too much for me! We plan on just flying to destinations and staying there from now on! But it was fun to try :)

I had fun "on" your cruise too!!!

Teri said...

Good luck with the bag! It sounded like a wonderful vacation. Will be anxious to talk to you in person about it in June!