Thursday, May 13, 2010

This 'N That

When I'm scrapbooking and I have a few random pictures that don't go with anything, I do a page called This 'N That - so these few random items don't go with anything so they are going on a This 'N That page!!

Saturday - Why do I tend to take my DAY OFF to go to Colorado Springs to shop when I DESPISE shopping (most of the time) and HATE dealing with traffic and crowds!! Beats me - but that's what I did last Saturday and by the time I got home, I was one crabby woman!! The main purpose of the trip was to get Kylan his birthday present (which will be celebrated the evening we fly back from our trip) and after looking all over, I did NOT, repeat NOT find what I was supposed to get him. So I ended up buying him something else which I know he'll love - but it was maddening not being able to find what I wanted! The only redeeming part of the day was that I had loaded up all of my books and went to my used book store - I could have spent hours in there (but I didn't have hours) so I picked out about 40 books which always excites me!

##############

What IS it with this weather? After mid-April teased us with all this warm weather, it's been downhill ever since - wind, snow, sleet, and cold weather - it's hard to believe it's already mid-May and I have NOT started walking outside in the mornings yet!

##############

I am SUPER excited about our upcoming cruise to Alaska - in fact we fly out tomorrow to Seattle and my good friend Carrie who moved to Seattle last summer, will pick us up at the airport, show us around Seattle that evening and the next morning and then take us to the cruise ship pier for our trip! I'm taking the laptop and my goal is to blog daily (vs. writing in a journal) about the trip!! The exciting news is that Jessi showed me how to download pics off my camera right onto my laptop so I may even post pictures with the blog!!

##############

Packing - this has to be the worst part of the vacation! It's just hard for me to decide what to take and since this vacation is a "new" type for both of us (we've NEVER been on a cruise and we've NEVER been to Alaska) it was a challenge for me to decide what to pack! I FINALLY have all the clothes ready to pack in the suitcase and the bad news is we'll have to take the LARGE suitcase along with a smaller one! We usually try to pack pretty light when we travel but packing for Mexico is a whole lot different than packing for Alaska!! Somehow, all the jeans, sweaters, shoes and evening clothes take up a lot more room!!

##############

So as of 4:30 today, I'll officially be on VACATION!!! Glenn will still have to work 1/2 day tomorrow while I do the packing but he's OK with that! Bon Voyage!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Oh I am so excited for you! So I'll ask again - which formal dress did you decide to take??! You still have time to throw one in you know....! Looking forward to seeing you for a bit tomorrow!

Becky Raymond said...

Don't be disappointed but I'm NOT taking a long formal gown - mainly because we're not bringing a suit for Glenn, just a sport coat!! SO I'm bringing my black cocktail dress that I wore to YOUR wedding (it still looks great on me!!) and a long black skirt with slits up both sides and a couple of slinky tops to go with it!! Maybe next time I'll throw in the floor length one..........