Friday, July 18, 2008

Full Moons and The Number 8

There is a full moon tonight - I'll be waiting impatiently for it to come up over the mountains!

I've always loved full moons - I love watching them slowly come up, peeking over the edge of the mountains and then slowly emerging until the entire moon is full and round. Isn't it amazing how sometimes the moon looks yellow or orange or blue? I'll be sure to check out tonight's moon and see what color it is!

Did you know that sometimes there are 2 full moons in one month? When that happens (which is rare), the second moon is called a "Blue Moon". I remember the year when there were 2 blue moons during the course of that one year - wow - 14 full moons that year!

And it's also an "8" number today, the 18th! 8 is my favorite number (Jessi's too!) and we love days that are "8" days - 8, 18, 28!! So between being an "8" day, a Friday and a full moon day, I think my evening is going to be spectactular!

No comments: