Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dedicated to my "Middle" daughter - 7/13/2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL! 28 years ago I was in the hospital waiting impatiently for your arrival - and you arrived, a tiny pink bundle of joy! But the most special part of that day was your gift to me - you arrived on my birthday!

And for the last 28 years, we have celebrated our birthdays together - not always ON the day, but at least around the day! You've shared your cake not only with me, but usually with sister Jessi too, and it's always one big, happy party!

28 years old!! That may not sound old to you but it sure makes me feel old!

We also have shared being the "middle" child - not a bad thing at all! And as Jessi and Jaime always say, you and I are ALIKE! We are organized, everything is planned out to the tiniest detail, our houses are spotless, and we like to have things OUR way!

I won't be with you today to celebrate - but I'm looking forward to the last weekend in July when we'll be spending the weekend together! Our plans - I'm sure you'll have them made - must include a trip to that cute little shopping area, one of your wonderful coffee places, a nice walk around one of your many walking paths, and of course drinks on your deck! And I know you'll have a special place picked out for dinner that evening..............

I liked the year when you were 25 and I was 52, those great reversal numbers! We've had a lot of special birthday memories and many, many more to look forward to!

You have grown into a beautiful, loving, caring person and it was indeed a SPECIAL day 28 years ago when you were born - who knows, maybe you'll carry on the tradition and have a little girl someday on OUR birthday - wouldn't that be something!!

Happy Birthday Jill - Enjoy each and every minute of TODAY and know that I'm thinking of you!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank you Mom for the wonderful blog...I was crying as I was reading it. Hopefully you'll get this message seeing I'm replying over a week later! I couldn't ask for a better Mom and a better day to have a birthday! Love, Jill