Wednesday, July 9, 2008

WORK - WORK - WORK

For the first time in 12 weeks, I went outside after I got home from work and actually did some WORK around the place - it felt GREAT!! I didn't do a lot - just picked up some trash and carried some large boards to another part of the property but it was enough to make me feel USEFUL again around our home!

Our house still looks like a construction site outside - what am I saying, it STILL IS a construction site! The garage is not quite finished, the house is not finished, and the basement has yet to be started! In due time, it will all get done - somehow after you have worked at your job all day, there are only so many hours left at the end!! And we do like to play on weekends!!

After my "outside" time, I retreated to the basement to start rearranging things - everything that belongs in the garage is in the basement, along with everything from our old attic, and also our family room furniture. Plus the washer, dryer, freezer and a pool table!! So there's not a lot of room to move around down there, let alone start the construction process. The main goal this week is to sort once again some of the boxes and move everything possible outside (to be put under tarps) so we can start to finish off the basement. Sounds easy but it actually isn't! Glenn's blind business is ALSO down there and my job last night was to condense as much as I could into the storage room which will NOT be finished off! And I got it done! What a great feeling to acommplish something as little as that!

Tonight will probably find me back down in the basement, trying to make sense of Glenn's numerous (and I mean NUMEROUS) tools and where to put them - I'm sure wherever I put them, we'll never find them when we need them!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Why is it that we always have to organize our husband's tools! That is something that Jay always wants me to do too! (And I don't know know what half of them do!)