Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Fun





Weekends with the grandkids are always fun and this last weekend was no exception! Even though our time was short in Denver this time, we packed a LOT of "kid" time into our 2 days!

I always enjoy walking around Jaime's nice neighborhood and taking a stroll down to Rayna's school where there is a playground. We put the 2 little boys in the wagon while Rayna rides her scooter and off we go!

And this time Jessi took us all to her subdivision "private pool" which is only open to the homeowners in that particular homeowners association - I was amazed how nice the 2 pools were and the beautiful park surrounding it! We happened to go late in the afternoon so it wasn't busy at all and the kids (and the adults) had a great time!

Our days were rounded out with coffee at Caribou Coffee, a trip to Target where Glenn and I bought a much needed new gas grill, fishing for the guys and shopping for the girls! Both girls bought me new clothes for my belated birthday gift - new capris and shirts to match!

And since we were actually still celebrating Jessi's and my birthdays, Jaime brought home a huge dairy queen ice cream cake that we devoured 2 nights in a row! Yum! Yum!

Here's hoping your summer is filled with PLENTY of fun!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Your grandboys are getting so big! I hardly recognized them. I know what you mean about that special time! I am so enjoying my time with Pierce. It will be hard to leave tomorrow!