Monday, February 1, 2010

Wouldn't You Know.....

2 days off AT HOME and one was spent with a miserable headache!

The magic hour was 3:00am, Sunday morning - have you ever just laid there and laid there, hoping the headache was going to go away but knowing in the back of your mind that it's NOT! I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to crawl out of bed to take some medication but I wait until I can't stand the headache any longer, and by that time I'm miserable and of course can't get back to sleep!

Did the medication help? Of course not! Did I fall back asleep? Yes, for a couple of hours. Did I wake up just feeling marvelous? Absolutely not!

I did dress and go to church but couldn't wait to get back home and be miserable by myself as Glenn was ice fishing for the day! I scrapbooked 3 pages - I talked to my friend in NC for an hour - I put dinner in the crockpot - and I even laid down on the couch in the hopes of feeling better but it was just not going to happen!

I woke up this morning feeling 100% better - goodbye headache!
.........................

On a brighter note, I felt great on Saturday and accomplished what I set out to do: finish deep cleaning the bedroom and bathroom in the loft! DONE!

I also tried my new recipe of the week on Sunday in the crockpot - it was called "Steak Stroganoff" - it was just OK so I'm not going to pass it on as I will probably never make it again - but it was fine for one meal and was easy to make!
.........................

It's February - I always look forward to turning the huge calendar above my desk at work to see what the new picture is of - and this month it's a beach in Florida! That brought a smile to my face, knowing that in 11 days we're headed to the beach in Cozumel! And it looks like we'll have 2 occasions to celebrate while we're there - Valentine's Day and President's Day - the guys will get off easy for Valentine's Day Dinner since we'll ALREADY be eating out!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Maybe we should make the guys do something else that is special for V day! Of course we never celebrate it at home so why would Mexico be any different???

DrKeppy said...

Those headaches need to STOP for you already!! Darn things...

I want to go to Mexico!