Friday, February 5, 2010

Another Recipe To Add To The Collection!

I'm proud of myself because so far this year, I have kept my goal of trying one new recipe every week!

Last night I tried another recipe out of the file folder called "Tortellini Soup" and it was fantastic!! I have never cooked with tortellini before - in fact, not sure if I have ever even tasted it but I saw it in the store and knew I had a recipe for it so bought it, tried it, and loved it!

Tortellini Soup

2 t. chopped garlic (I used the chopped, fresh that comes in a jar)
1/4 cup chopped onion (we love onion so I used about 1/2 cup)
1 T. butter
1 quart chicken broth
1 14 1/2 oz. can of petite diced tomatos
1 package fresh tortellini, any flavor (I used the 3 cheese)
Chopped fresh basil or spinach (I didn't use any)
Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute the garlic and the onion in the butter until soft - add the chicken broth and tomatos and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the tortellini about 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with basil, spinach or cheese.

The recipe is super easy to make - serve it with a green salad and some bread or muffins and you've got yourself a meal!! I give it 4 stars and it will definitely go in my recipe book!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

yay for new yummy recipes!!! I bet Sam wishes that I would just cook SOMETHING at this point!

DrKeppy said...

Mmm I love tortellini! Will have to try this one!

Teri said...

Sounds great! Now if I only had time to do some cooking! I will have to collect all your recipes for when I have the time.