Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Almost Time..........

for vacation! A few days on a sunny beach will feel great after this cold snap! Out of the snow - into the sunshine - sipping a pina colada by the water's edge - reading a book - listening to some tunes on the IPOD - visiting with family - ah, escape from reality for a few days!

Of course THIS week would be the week that 2 of my favorite shows start their season again, Survivor and Amazing Race - also this week is the start of the Winter Olympics which I LOVE to watch!! No problem - we have a Dish with a DVR to record it all! I spent Monday night programming all the shows, making sure they were in "priority" order!

We noticed Tuesday night the Dish wasn't working properly - I had previously programmed in American Idol to record so ran down to make SURE it was recording and it wasn't - an error message appeared on the screen - so Glenn unplugged the entire system to reboot it - and it recorded.

Last night - same thing - only when it should have STOPPED recording, the entire system froze - you couldn't do anything - change a channel, stop the recording - absolutely NOTHING. So once again Glenn unplugged the entire system.

Today it was time to call DISH and see what was going on - the worst case would be that they need to ship us a new unit - not something I'm too excited about since THEN none of my shows would record for the next 5 days! I left Glenn in charge of calling them while I went to work.

So what shows up on my email about an hour ago? A message stating a new DISH component is being mailed and how to ship back the old unit - sigh - I guess none of my shows will be recording while I'm gone............

Time to put a phone call into Jaime to see if she will record a few of the shows for me since we'll be heading back up to Denver the weekend after vacation to celebrate Evan's birthday - maybe I can sneak in watching those few shows then.................

Cozumel - here we come!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

That's no good! If I was cool enough to have DVR I'd record them for you :) I'll tell you what - I'll go to Mexico for you and you can stay here and watch your shows... sound like a good trade??!! :)

Becky Raymond said...

I don't THINK so!!!