Friday, February 19, 2010

Cozumel Continued.....

I wish I could say that we woke up to sunshine but alas, it was cloudy again - but not for long!


I had a tough night - did I remember to mention earlier that I was sick when we left? I knew something was coming on before we took off but it really didn't get bad until we arrived in Cozumel. I'm not sure what I had (or still have in fact) but I DO know that I had a horrible cough - I didn't even want to hear myself cough, so I can't imagine what the other people thought! So my night was not a great one as I woke up early and started coughing, and just couldn't stop it seemed!

After a hot shower though, I rallied and was ready to start the day! The mopeds arrived around 9:00 and after doing test drives and donning our helmets, we were off!! We drove and drove, past beautiful white sandy beaches with the ocean changing color as we went by! At one point, we stopped and walked down to the beach to take some pics, grab some water and check out the souviner stand! I couldn't believe the color of these coconuts!





Cozumel is a MUCH bigger island than Isla Mujeres!! Our butts were getting darn sore by the time we stopped at the famous "Coconuts" bar and grill! The place was great and we sat at a table that overlooked the ocean, had some great drinks (on the rocks of course as there is NO electricity there) and some awesome guacomole, chips, and chicken quesidillas! What a neat place! There were some huge iguanas around - this one just wouldn't come out enough to get a full shot of him!


Then it was back on the mopeds for our next stop, a tequila factory - or so we thought! I ran to the counter to make SURE this was the right place and it was, but they don't actually make the tequila there, more of a museum type place with some tasting of tequila. We opted not to go in and headed next to the Mayan Ruins. They were interesting, although the mosquitos loved Jim so we hurried along so we wouldn't get eaten alive! Funny how you're used to the wind by the ocean but as soon as you get inland, the wind is NOT there!

From the ruins we headed into the town of San Miguel to do a little shopping and to find me some good ole' amoxicillin to help my cough! Sure enough, we found a pharmacy that had some great prices on it so stocked up, did a little more shopping and headed back home! Since it was "Carnival", there were a lot of strangely dressed people and we saw a lot of the floats sitting on the side of the road! I bet it's one heck of a party at night!
Next on the agenda when we got back to the resort was our annual farm meeting - so we all gathered up our paperwork and met in our room - the meeting went well and so we were on the MOST important part of the meeting - where to meet next year!! We have the list down to 3 - Aruba, Belize, or Costa Rica - so it must be time for me to get busy and start doing the research once again - and THIS TIME, TERI AND JAY WILL BE WITH US!!
After relaxing and cleaning up a little, we headed out to dinner - by now the wind had subsided and we actually got to eat at the outdoors restaurant - lobster was on the menu and it was served with an interesting sauce and some fantastic sweet potatos (and I don't like sweet potatos!) By the time the 4 course meal was done, we were exhausted once again - too tired to change into our suits and hit the hot tub! We had the memories of the day to fall asleep to......



To be continued...............

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Gosh you sure can fit a lot in one day! Sounds like lots of fun! Those are some weird looking coconuts!