Monday, February 8, 2010

Soda and Pop

I grew up drinking POP, not soda! Soda was something you cooked with! But now nobody calls it pop anymore, it's a soda!!

So after getting home from Denver yesterday, I had cooking and baking to do for the Super Bowl party we were going to. I was going to bake a bundt cake that I hadn't made in ages so I turned the music on and started in.

I'm reading the instructions (because I KNEW I had all the ingredients) and it tells me to add in the soda - but when I look above at the ingredients, there's no soda!! I knew Jessi had made this recipe before so I called her and told her I must have forgotten to write down the amount of soda to use because it says to add it, but there's no amount listed - and that's when Jessi informs me that the "cup of lemon-lime pop" IS the soda - duh - I knew that!

Did I grow up in the midwest or what??????

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

lol.

and how was the cake??

DrKeppy said...

I'm giggling over here :)

Patty Jensen said...

I do use the word "soda" once in awhile but it is still like saying a foreign word - yes we do and did drink "pop" - why oh why did they change it??? haha - I always thought it was an "eastern" thing like "bubbler" for drinking fountain but do they say that anymore???? or was it a southern thing - I don't know......:)

Teri said...

I would have probably had the same problem you had! I still call it pop but since I hardly ever drink it, I don't use either term too much! And what will we be drinking in Mexico ----- not pop or soda!