Friday, February 26, 2010

Smile - The Weekend is Almost Here!

We received another 6 inches of snow yesterday and last night - yes, we're now heading into our snowy season - the season where it's nothing to get a foot of snow at a time, or even up to 3 feet! But what we're all ready for is some warmer weather - the temps should start to rise a little bit and after the last few months of below zero morning temps, everyone is ready for it!

My weekend plans? STAY HOME! I'm excited about getting some work done on Saturday and scrapbooking on Sunday!

But I wanted to share another recipe I made last night which received rave reviews from Glenn!

Monterey Chicken (for 2)

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (if they're thick, slice in two for faster cooking)
Salt and Pepper
BBQ sauce - I used Sweet Baby Ray's
2 cooked bacon strips
Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
Chopped tomato and chives

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper - Cook the chicken in a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray - cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a baking sheet.
Top each breast with bbq sauce, bacon and cheese - broil 3-4 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives.


I cooked the bacon first and then cooked the chicken in the bacon grease and that worked great! Just make sure your chicken breasts are pretty flat or they take longer to cook - the chicken cutlets that you can buy would be perfect for this. The only other thing I would change is to spray the cookie sheet before broiling the chicken or line with foil to make cleanup easier.

I rate this 4 stars - super easy to make and a great taste!!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

I pretty much like anything with BACON!!! Thanks for the new recipe!

DrKeppy said...

Have a good weekend at home! :) I can't wait to scrapbook with you someday....