Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Night After Night After Night.............

I really must stay home! The shades in my dining room and living room have NOT been opened since last Thursday! I always pull the shades in the morning when I leave for work as the sun is extremely intense and damages the furniture - and the first thing I do when I get home from work is to put the shades back up so I can see the mountains!

Tonight will be my 6th straight night that I have NOT been home till after dark, hence no need to put the shades up!

It all started last Friday (if you recall, Glenn left for hunting that day) when I attended the annual 4-H Foundation Picnic out at Lake George - it was a cool, rainy evening so we did have to eat inside but we all had a great time!

Saturday morning I left for Denver and spent Sat. night at Jaime's place. On my way home Sunday evening, I met one of my best friends, Carrie, for dinner in Colorado Springs and then went to her home for a while.

Monday evening found me over at Arlyne's house for dinner with the "choir girls". The 5 of us have dubbed ourselves that name because we all used to sing in the choir together at church.

Last night I met my other best friend, Joleen, over at her house for pizza, wine and hot tubbing! It was a wonderful, relaxing evening!

And now tonight, I will be heading over to Joyces' for dinner once again - (if you're wondering if I have eaten at home all week, the answer is NO - wonder if I've forgotten how to cook?) this time with the monthly get-together group of Joyce, Arlyne, Karen and myself. We have never given ourselves a name but we ALWAYS get together once a month for a meal or an outing!

It's sure wonderful to have such good friends like I have! And it actually worked out great to get to see all of them over the past 6 nights since Glenn is gone anyway and I would have spent the evenings by myself.

But I must admit - I'm ready to go home RIGHT after work on Thursday and Friday and pull my shades up!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds like a great problem to have - to be able to visit so many friends and relax! The mountain will still be there tonight when you get home:)