Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Red Door

Sounds like the title to a good book, doesn't it? But actually it's the color that I painted our 2 doors this weekend!

When I say "weekend", I literally mean ALL WEEKEND!! It took me a day and a half to paint these 2 doors - they were white to start with and each one took 2 coats on each side - plus the door frame, plus all those tiny wood pieces between the window panes, plus ALL the taping! I actually didn't think I was EVER going to finish - but I did!



I was REALLY irritable by the time I finished late Sunday afternoon - I was very carefully pulling off the blue tape from around the window panes, the door knob, and the door lock and I'll be darned if some of the paint didn't come right off with the tape - so I had to redo some of it! I was NOT a happy camper by this time - but I retaped a few places and once again reapplied the red paint!

The results were fantastic! I love the color and it makes the house look a LOT more cozy! So all in all it was well worth it - except for my aching body!

I pampered myself the rest of the evening - relaxing in the hot tub, watching the premier of my favorite show "The Amazing Race", eating a huge bowl of vanilla bean ice cream drenched with chocolate and downloading a new CD from ITunes! Hey, I deserved it!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Looks great. Sounds like all of us have been doing home improvement projects - Amanda painting, Patty redoing her kitchen and deck, me doing the backyard and your great doors. Hope winter hits soon so we can all rest!

ahh bear said...

Geez, my Mom beat me to the "we've all been painting" comment! Isn't it a bummer on how long it takes to tape? I failed to mention on my blog that it took me FOUR hours to tape our living room and that doesn't even count Sam doing the crown molding! The doors look great!

DrKeppy said...

Looks great mom!! You did a fabulous job!!