Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Labor Day Weekend must be over - it's back to work - it's back to exercising!

The alarm went off WAY too early this morning and the only thing I could think of was how VERY dark it's getting at 5:50! I'm back to clogging now - hooray - for a LONG time I couldn't do clogging for my exercise due to my leg and ankle so it feels great now to be back on track with that! I clog for approximately 15 minutes (3 or 4 songs, depending on their length) and I have a "clogging" category on my computer under ITunes so it's all danceable, clogging songs. After that, Glenn and I are off to walk!

We have 4 different routes we take, 2 up and 2 down with different roads intersecting. You know fall is coming to the mountains when it's 38 degrees when you're walking and you can see your breath! But it's always a brisk, refreshing walk - I like going uphill FIRST so my favorite 2 routes both go in that direction. Glenn prefers going downhill first. Of course, we always have to smile at all the dogs that start barking as we're walking by the different homes - all I can think of is that their poor owners are still TRYING to sleep and here we are out walking, waking up their dogs!

Pretty soon the leaves will start changing and I can't wait to start posting those beautiful aspen colors! September is my all time favorite month of the year!

We camped over the Labor Day Weekend - just close by so we didn't have to drive far - Glenn got an archery elk license but didn't have any luck unless you count his encounter with a bear! Yes, he could hear a bear close by and pretty soon it was about 20 yards from him - it circled and circled him and finally headed up the meadow! I asked Glenn what he would have done if the bear had charged him and he said he had his bow ready to go! I think in the future he'll consider carrying a handgun!

I did my usual camping thing - relax and read! And that's why I'm back to exercising today!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

No camping pictures?!!

Teri said...

I applaud you for getting up to walk! It is already too dark here for us to walk in the morning so I have to get back into my exercise routine - next week! :)