Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Hunting He Will Go!

Glenn FINALLY got out the door late Friday afternoon to go hunting - I felt sorry for him as he had to jam-pack about a week's worth of work into 3 1/2 days! - seems like it's either extremely slow or extremely busy in his line of work!

But he got it all pulled together and even though he had to load the camper in the rain on Friday, he was excited to go! Unfortunately, since he didn't get left till 5:30, he would have to drive in the dark! Not a hard thing to do on the highway, but you should see the place he was hunting - WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY back in - trust me, I've been there and it's a long old' bumpy road to get back there ! And of course before he could even sleep that night, he would have to unload the camper which was packed like he was leaving for a month!

His friend Bob from Nevada was arriving on Thursday night to the designated spot so I'm sure he helped Glenn unload and get set up - but I bet neither one of them got much sleep that Friday night - anticipating the first day of black powder and that huge elk they'll be set to take down!

So I'm on my own for the next week - which means NO COOKING (HOORAY) but also coming home to an empty house each night (BOO HOO)! Good Luck Guys!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Hope you can enjoy your quiet time this week. I sometimes enjoy being myself and doing just what I want when alone. Do all the fun girly things that you never get to do when he is around!