Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rayna's Weekend

For the last 2 summers, Rayna has spent a weekend at our house, doing all kinds of "special" things with us! This year, our weekend was later than usual but nonetheless, we still had a great time together!

I picked up Rayna in Colorado Springs (that way, Jaime and I just each had to drive an hour apiece one way!) and we met for coffee before doing a little shopping and ended up at McDonald's for lunch - I REALLY tried to persuade Rayna to choose Burger King instead of McDonald's but her mind was made up - oh well, it wasn't as bad as I expected! And she had a lot of fun playing in the playground area!
Our next stop was the Dinosaur Mueseum in Woodland Park - I had never been to it before but Rayna was excited about going and I have to say, I was impressed! They had a special section for kids with several activities for them to do and she really enjoyed it!
Making pumpkin bread at the house was next on the list - it's her favorite thing that I make so of course I sent home a loaf with her and I hear she has been rationing it out to her folks! We watched "Finding Nemo" that evening and she decided our couch was not all that comfortable for watching TV and would we please get the basement done ASAP so she could sit in a recliner!


After cinnamon rolls the next morning, the 3 of us headed to the North Pole - as we were watching Rayna go down the huge Candy Cane Slide for the 20th time, Glenn looked at me and said this was his LAST year to come! I reminded him that NEXT year we would have 2 little boys that would be ready to see the North Pole! And I also pointed out that in 4 more years he would be 60 and could get FREE admission - that really boosted his spirits!
3 hours at the North Pole is PLENTY long - we rode the rides, fed the goats, ate a pretty pathetic lunch and walked and walked and walked! I promised Rayna a sno cone after we were done riding the rides and of course the last ride was right by the exit (I had that all planned out!!) But little did I know that the ONLY place that sold sno cones was back where we had lunch, way at the other side of the park - groan - one MORE trek for that darn sno cone!

Glenn and I were both exhausted when we delivered Rayna back to her mom in Colorado Springs - but then again, so was she!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a fun weekend. I can't wait until Pierce can spend a weekend with us and we get to do all those fun "kid" things!