Monday, September 15, 2008

Creative Play

I almost forgot how much fun it is to play with play dough! I'm no artist by any means when it comes to molding shapes and things, but I had a ball on Sunday playing with the stuff!


Since Jaime was working and I was over at Jessi's house with all 3 kids, Jessi decided to make a couple of batches of play dough - I'm not sure I EVER made it from scratch at home when the girls were growing up - I just remember the little cans with the brightly colored dough and if you didn't get the lid on just right, it would be hard as a rock the next time or all crusted over!

She made 2 batches - Rayna requested pink and I suggested green - wow - rainbow colors - they were gorgeous! While she made the batch of green, I took the pink to the table and started mixing the flour in a little better - the dough was hot to the touch and pretty soon it was all mixed in and ready for play!

We rolled and cut and formed - we laughed and tried to figure out what each other was making - we pretended we were eating and made different types of food - the boys loved the cookie cutters - Jessi made roses - Rayna made snails - and I made a basket filled with blueberries! It was a great afternoon - the child in me is STILL there - how can it NOT be when you're playing with play dough???



2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like a great day - how much more fun can you have?

ahh bear said...

I'll have to get the recipe from Jessi! It'll be a few months before we can play with it - Pierce would just eat it now (although it is edible so that wouldn't be SO bad)!!! I wish you had a pic of your blueberries!