Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hard Workin' Men

AFTER
BEFORE

Our basement has changed drastically the last couple of weeks - thanks to our hardworking guys, Hans and Lance! These 2 guys are both firefighters but finish basements on their days off! And they're doing an awesome job on ours- every day that I come home and discover they have worked in the basement, I'm amazed at how much has been accomplished! BEFORE

Glenn and I made a trip to Co. Springs on Tuesday night to our favorite hang-out spot - Home Depot! This time we only had a little over an hour to make our purchases before they closed so we really had to hightail it through the store! Lots of electrical stuff, another light, primer, paint, light bulbs, and a toilet - now how exciting is that? Actually, it IS exciting to me when I can see that painting is within the next couple of weeks! And do you want to know the best part??? Hans is going to PAINT THE ENTIRE DOWNSTAIRS for me so I won't have to do it - AND trim out the windows! You can tell that Glenn and I are not used to hiring anything done at all - we always do it ourselves! SO this is a real treat for us - I believe the only thing Glenn will be required to do is to order the blinds and put them up!
AFTER

I'm already imagining sitting in the recliner, watching our new flat-screen TV and listening to Glenn play pool on the pool table that we have NEVER used yet! Soon - VERY soon!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Unbelievable - can't wait to see the finished pics!

DrKeppy said...

It's looking GREAT! Wow, we WILL be there at Christmas :)!