Thursday, September 11, 2008

And I Was Talking To WHOM??????

The phone call today HAD to be made - the DISH guy (our satelite TV company) had been out to the house twice, brought out 2 new receivers, ran some new cable wire and who knows what else? The problem - we now had 3 receivers - only one was hooked up - and I wasn't about to get charged for stuff that I wasn't using or needed!

The trick was to get through FIRST to a REAL person, not the computer! Of course that's always easier said than done! The next hurdle was to get someone that I COULD UNDERSTAND! The first two tries were unsuccessful - yes, I DID get past the computer, but the first guy that answered - well, let's just say I never understood a word he said so I knew that call would be fruitless - hang up #1! I didn't fare any better on the second call - this time it was a girl - she sounded even more foreign than the first guy so here again - hang up #2!

3rd time is a charm - yes, the guy had an accent but it was understandable - I won't go into my conversation with him - let's just say that 20 minutes later, he FINALLY figured out what I was trying to tell him and we actually made some headway! I can honestly say, I'm still not sure what we will eventually be hooked up to when all is said and done, but at least I felt better!

I can hardly wait to get my next DISH bill - I can almost GUARANTEE you I'll be back on the phone!

No comments: