Sunday, November 8, 2009

Back To Regular Blogging!!

The week went by VERY fast with all the catch-up work I had to do!! Of course I had a pretty good list for the weekend but Jessi called Friday afternoon and said her and the kids were heading down early Sat. morning!! I NEVER pass up a chance to see the grandkids! So Friday night I spent getting the house cleaned so little Mackenzie who is crawling wouldn't be covered in cobwebs and dead flies!! (Actually the house wasn't THAT bad, but I couldn't believe how many cobwebs cropped up while we were on vacation!)

Saturday was a gorgeous day!! We spent a lot of time out on the front deck and Evan had fun bringing all his trucks outside! He spent some of his time out with Papa in the garage and that always brings a smile to his face!!

While the kids were napping, Jessi and I even got in a couple of games of bananagrams before Evan climbed up on Jessi's lap, wanting to play! Of course Jessi beat me ONCE again!!

Now who couldn't love this face???? I'm going to start calling her Pebbles pretty soon with that hairdo!!


Saturday evening we went to Martin and Joleen's house for a fantastic dinner! The kids loved playing with "different" toys and we had a great evening! But morning came WAY too fast as for some reason, Mackenzie just doesn't sleep well at our house!! She woke up about 4:00 and cried and screamed for a long time!! I went downstairs about 5:15 and took her to the lower level - I would just get her to sleep and she would wake up, take one look at me and start screaming again! (Guess I must have looked PRETTY BAD at that time of the morning!!) Eventually I got her to sleep for a while until Evan got up - so it was a short night for all of us!
Since Jessi was up early, she grabbed my camera and snapped this sunrise picture - we've had some awesome sunrises lately!!

Jessi and the kiddos headed home mid-morning (to probably get some sleep - ha ha) and I started in on my list for the day! Too bad Monday rolled around that fast.......

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Thanks for the fun weekend! Maybe someday Kenzie will decide to actually SLEEP at your house!!! The sunrise pic actually turned out pretty good - although in person it was MUCH more orange!

ahh bear said...

WOW - that sunrise is awesome! I want to wake up to that! And fun times with the family - I keep seeing Bananagrams but I don't know how you play it ...