Monday, November 2, 2009

Vacation - Day 2

Glenn and I both slept like rocks (thanks to the air conditioner) and didn't bat an eye until 8:00 the next morning! We cooked bacon and eggs on our rooftop kitchen and loved sitting outside to eat and watching the waves!

We drove up the road a few miles to the next little village of Majahua where we knew we would find "Oso", the guy who takes people out to fish!! I loved driving by all the places that I had looked at online - there were also several private homes on the road and one neat thing about Mexican homes is they all have names!

After parking the car, we walked around on the beach and saw a 5th wheel all set up on a small bluff overlooking the ocean - what a view - and after seeing that the license plates on the truck were IOWA plates, we hollered over the fence and met the owner! It's always fun to talk to people from the midwest!

We located "Oso" and found out he didn't speak ANY English at all - after doing a lot of looking in the Spanish dictionary and gesturing with our hands, he went and got the neighbor who speaks English so they could get a date set to fish - whew, I was sweating like crazy by this time - just not used to the humidity!

After doing some reading on the rooftop and peeking over at "our" place, just wondering how soon we could move over there, the time finally came! I'm always a little worried to actually see the place I rented online - in fact, I don't have high expectations at all - that way I'm not disappointed! I spend hours and hours doing research to find the perfect place and I was hoping this would be a great spot - it was!!

Our place was called Las Casititas De Margarita - and it was just beautiful - brick walkways through the small complex, beautiful gardens with trees, bushes and all kinds of flowers with solar lights lighting the pathways, and the main house which was ours, facing the beach! It was MUCH, MUCH more than what I expected!

Our bedroom and bathroom were on the main level - don't you just love the bright colors that are always in Mexico?? I was REALLY happy to see there was air conditioning because this was something I had no idea that we would need! The headboard and end tables are all built- in concrete and the place was beautifully decorated! Across from the bed was an entire wall of built-ins, with one corner full of books - I was in heaven!

I have never seen a place with so much storage - besides the place to hang your clothes, there were shelves after shelves for folded clothes and another huge storage space in the bathroom! Of course the shower was huge as most Mexican showers are and the tilework was gorgeous!


Below is a picture of the steps that you went up for the rooftop kitchen and dining area - again, the steps were all inlaid tile with recessed lighting ! Believe it or not, there was actually another bathroom on the top floor too!

Check out this view -it sure wasn't hard to cook up here when you could look at the ocean while you were cooking! Although the kitchen area was small, the appliances were nice and new and we enjoyed many meals up here!


This is a picture of our living room - yes, it was outside too! 2 sides of the house had wrap-around porches so along with the wicker furniture, there were more tables and chairs and rocking chairs!


But the BEST part of the entire house is the picture below - the gazebo (as I call it although technically it's not one) is where we spent hour after hour after hour - just watching the waves in the ocean and reading - it's what made the place!


This place had a lot of little details that I really appreciated -lids on the wastebaskets (in Mexico, the toilet paper goes IN the wastebasket), nice teflon pans to cook with, not only a frig in the kitchen but one in our bedroom, rugs on each side of the bed so you could wipe your sandy feet off before climbing in, a lamp on each side of the bed for reading along with recessed lighting built right into the headboard, books and a stereo system, lots of hangers, plenty of hot water, maid service EVERY DAY, and a nice built-in BBQ! As you can tell, I was impressed with the place!
After unpacking, I spent the rest of the afternoon on the gazebo watching the waves - this place has huge waves and is a great place for surfers - we enjoyed watching them but decided we were too old to try it!

Dinner that night was next door again - the food was just so good that we decided to eat there again and I wasn't disappointed with my chicken enchilada with lots of guacamole! To be continued.............

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Still looking fantastic!!! I'm surprised none of your girls try to smuggle themselves in your suitcases to go with you!

DrKeppy said...

Glad the place exceeded your expectations! I think I wouldn't even mind cleaning my kitchen if it were open to the ocean!

Patty Jensen said...

oh my gosh I want to go there!!!