Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vacation -Day 5 and 6

Wednesday we woke up to rain - I knew it was bound to happen on at least one day since it's still the rainy season there.......... Cooking breakfast just didn't sound like fun so we hopped in the car and drove down to the cafe to eat but guess the owners thought they could sleep in since it was raining as it wasn't open - it was back to the house for cereal.........

We decided since it was raining to go ahead and drive into Zihuatanejo for groceries, my Christmas ornament and bookmark, and some fishing supplies for Glenn! It rained the entire time we were gone - I don't mind the rain of course but the bad part was trying to keep the windshield clean from all the rain and humidity! About the only way to keep it from fogging up was to turn on the heat - and let me tell you, even though it was raining, it was NOT cool outside!

Traffic was awful in town - again I'm SO glad Glenn drives as well as he does in the Mexican traffic!! We found the same store from before so stopped there to get groceries but needed to head to the "centro" to get the rest! I think everybody and their dog was in the centro that day - my, my it was busy!

We parked the car and headed into this HUGE indoor market - I think everything under the sun could have been purchased in there! Glenn actually found the fishing stuff he was looking for but the Christmas ornaments were not out yet - I settled for a cute shell with a frog on top that was attached to a key chain - it will work just fine and I'll write "Troncones" on the shell! We looked and looked ONCE AGAIN for fresh flour tortillas but none were to be found - darn!


Neither Glenn nor I are big shoppers so we basically found what we wanted and got the heck out of there! Just TOO many people in that crowded spot for us!! And guess what we did on the way home?? Took the WRONG turn AGAIN and had to backtrack - that's how confusing the road system was!!

After arriving back home, I checked my email through the property manager's computer and found out via Jill that it was snowing like crazy back home - I just giggled to myself and wondered if I was missing a snow day (yes, I was!!)

It rained and rained the entire afternoon - I didn't mind it - books can be read in the sunshine and in the rain too! Luckily it stopped enough so we could grill hamburgers and foil potatos for dinner that night!

So the only photo I took during the day was in the early evening when the rain let up a little bit!

Thursday dawned extremely cloudy in the morning but by afternoon the sun was out! This is basically what Glenn did all morning!


As you can see by the picture below, there were still a lot of clouds around but that only made for more dramatic beach pics!


This is a photo of where we stayed taken from the beach! I should have waited till the sun came out though!

In the afternoon, Glenn and I walked over to the little cove I had found where Glenn went fishing - yes, he bought line and hooks and weights and wrapped the line around a bottle, just like the locals do!! I took my beach towel and book and read for a while but forgot to put on sunscreen so I didn't last too long!


Late afternoon we walked uptown for more smoothies - I tried the tropical one this time - it was great but I actually liked the berry one better! Another walk on the beach completed our lazy day and we grilled chicken and more potatos for dinner that night - Glenn fell asleep by 7:30 - what a life!! To be continued.........

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

I suppose rain makes you appreciate those sunny days more! Love the pic of Glenn in the hammock, cerveza in hand!