Monday, November 16, 2009

Snowstorm Fun!

Let me start out this blog by saying that it was DARN cold this Monday morning - we woke up to 10 below temps!! Now that's January weather, not November weather!! As I drove to work on the icy roads, the temp dropped to 21 below outside of Divide - I have dubbed that stretch of the road Siberia!

I had kids and grandkids again this last weekend! How fun!! Jaime, Kylan, Rayna, Jill and Aleah all came to visit! We did an outing on Saturday morning - with ALL the kids! But they were great so no worries! We went to the craft fair at the high school in W. Pk - Jaime and Jill had not been in the school since they've done all the remodeling so that was fun to show them! But alas, I was disappointed in the craft fair - I haven't been to one in several years so was excited to go to one but it just didn't seem the same as years ago! We enjoyed looking at a few items but came away empty-handed! On the way home, we stopped at another one in Divide and even though it was more of the same, the stop was worth it because the girls saw 2 of their favorite elementary teachers and they enjoyed catching up with them!

Rayna loves holding Aleah and little Aleah was full of smiles this weekend!


Jill's reading a book to Aleah here but took time out for a smile!

Rayna was excited to get on the computer as she is playing that game where she has a little pet and you can do games and buy things for this pet - she was NOT happy Friday evening when the phone lines were down and we had no internet!! Kylan decided that he wanted to watch her so I got out the little step stool and he would stand for a LONG time and watch her play the games! (Note my pink reading glasses that I keep by the computer - you'll see them later!)

It started snowing a little bit on Saturday but did stop long enough so us girls could get in the hot tub - I lit the lamps and that hot water felt GREAT on the cold, cold night! Pretty soon the snow started coming down heavier and by the time we got up on Sunday morning, it was coming down pretty hard!

But the kids wanted to go out and play in the snow so as soon as it stopped, we got the kids dressed and I went out with them - they had a ball playing in the snow and sledding! We DID get 8 to 10 inches so the picture above shows the deck AFTER I scooped it!!


Rayna loved going down the hill and had a nice slick patch by the time Kylan and I came over - we mostly ended up just sliding down WITHOUT the sled but the journey back up was hard as little Kylan could hardly walk in the deep snow so I had to walk right behind him and help him up - let me tell you, I was thoroughly exhausted after playing in the snow for an hour!!

Jaime and I saw a nice buck in the driveway on Saturday so I had taken a couple of pictures to show Glenn - and then on Sunday afternoon, the herd of deer came around again, looking for some food and once again a HUGE buck was there - to me he just didn't look like the one Jaime and I saw on the driveway so I had Glenn look at that picture and sure enough, it was a different buck!! So we have 2 of these majestic ones roaming the neighborhood!!


Rayna wanted to go outside one more time before they left on Sunday afternoon so I donned the winter clothing again and went out with her -and while Jaime was packing up to leave, Kylan decided he wanted to look really silly so he donned my pink reading glasses, put my hula-hoop around his truck and proceeded to race around the house!! What a ham!!


I almost forgot to mention that I showed the girls the DVD's from the 8 mm tapes - Jaime of course was THRILLED that the 3rd one (the longest one of course) was mainly of her!! But the look on Jill's face when she saw herself being born was just priceless - she could not believe we had it on tape!! Ah, another memorable weekend!

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

What a fun weekend!!! I can't believe how big Aleah is getting!

DrKeppy said...

Great pictures! Looks a wonderful time... wish I could've been there too!

Patty Jensen said...

Oh Aleah - what a cutie and her smile :) Jill looks great too. And the pics of Kyson in the glasses - priceless. So weird when I scrolled down and saw you all bundled up - I could see "mom", "Teri", some of my daughers - it was weird - we must all look alike in some ways!!!

Teri said...

It almost makes me want to have snow (did I actually write that!). Sounds like so much fun!