Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Save That Wreath!

I forgot to mention in my Christmas decorating blog about the "wreath"!

Each year, the 4-H Junior Leaders sells fresh wreaths - and ever since my girls were in Junior Leaders, I have always purchased one to hang outside the house - the going joke was I usually kept it up till Easter! Since it's so darn cold here, it always lasted a long time!

So when I was getting the Christmas decorations down, I noticed that I had 3 black garbage sacks - each one holding a wreath! I couldn't figure out where that 3rd sack came from because I remembered only using 2 wreaths! You'll never guess what was in there when I opened the sack - you guessed it - the FRESH wreath from the Jr. Leaders that I purchased LAST year!! Only it wasn't so fresh anymore!

I can't imagine how it got put with the decorations because as I stated before, I always leave it hanging up for a couple of extra months! But lo and behold, somehow it was - I PERSONALLY took the bag to the end of the driveway this morning and placed it with the trash! Just in time to now hang my new "fresh" one!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

LOL I got a good chuckle out of that one! What's happening to my mother? Hanging up different colored lights??? Packing away fresh wreaths??? Should I start to worry??? ha ha...

Oh and I don't miss MAKING those wreaths - ouch!

Teri said...

That is hilarious! I don't do fresh wreaths so I don't have to worry about saving them!