Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Vacation - Day 4

Glenn was up early for his fishing adventure - I guess that's what you call it - I couldn't imagine going out in a boat for 3 or 4 hours with someone you couldn't communicate with!!


Anyway, I was stiff and sore when I woke up, probably from sitting in that lawn chair hour after hour reading so actually did some exercises to loosen up! After breakfast I took a long walk on the beach and of course ended up back on the gazebo with my book - the maid was cleaning our room at this time and I was reading "The Shack" - well, the tears started flowing as I was reading this book and I had no kleenex on me (I know, that's hard to believe!) so I sniffed and sniffed for the next 1/2 hour until I could get into our bedroom and retrieve my kleenex!!

Glenn came back earlier than I expected - it was not a great fishing trip for him - he did catch about 3 fish but not the ones he wanted to catch - oh well, that's life!! He wanted to make "shushami" which I believe is how you spell it so we walked into the village and luckily they had soy sauce so he mixed up some garlic with it and ate the raw fish dipped in the sauce - I declined his offer to help myself!

Our afternoon was a typical one - siesta time for Glenn, reading for me! I decided to shoot a bunch of pictures of the lovely surroundings as it was just so pretty. This shot is taken from the roadside as soon as you walk in the gate.


I'm not sure what kind of berries these are but they looked delicious!

This picture was taken from the side of our house, looking back towards the street! In the area to the left is an outdoor seating area for the guests that stay in the 2 casitas (in the right of the picture) and the palapa style building is the kitchen for them!


Another shot showing some of the bushes around the gazebo.

And this photo was taken from our rooftop kitchen, looking back at the casitas!

We took a long walk on the beach late afternoon and were joined by Bobby, a dog who looks like a black lab but of course who knows? The owner next door told us that he used to belong to the cook who worked there but when the cook left, Bobby stayed. I'm not sure if Bobby belongs to anybody now but he loved us and followed us wherever we went! He would sleep outside our door at night, follow us down the beach, and sit patiently on the sand at the restaurants and wait till we were done eating!

Also joining us were the 3 calico cats who I named Tom, Dick and Harry! Tom slept up in the kitchen ALL the time and sometimes the other 2 would join him - naturally we fed the cats and Bobby so we were all good friends!

Dinner that night was back at the Burro place and they cooked up the fish that Glenn had caught and served it with the most delicious rice and veggies - yum!! Another night of lightning and thunder and unfortunately RAIN!! To be continued..........

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

You and your animal names - makes me laugh! Great pictures - wish I could see it in PERSON!