Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Hunting Widow - AGAIN!

Yes, once again Glenn is hunting - this time with son-in-law Brad and good friend Martin! We don't need any more meat because we have plenty to get us through the winter - but when there are extra tags available and people to go with, he just couldn't resist!!

I actually don't mind it at all when he's gone - no cooking is required, no picking up after him is required, and I don't have to watch any football games - he he!

Even though I set the alarm at 3:30 on Wed. morning, he was too excited to sleep and was up by 2:30! Of course I woke up too, even though he was very quiet, and couldn't get back to sleep for a LONG time - sigh...........

Before Glenn left, he actually had me go to the lower level with him so he could ONCE AGAIN show me how to light a fire in the wood stove - as I wrote before in another blog, this is my downfall - I could NEVER make it on Survivor because I just can't seem to light a fire! This time I had a secret weapon though - Glenn said to squirt a little bit of lighter fluid on the sticks and bark and it would easily go!! And he was right - save for the fact that the house smelled like a BBQ going, the fire went and I had a nice warm place last night while I watched the CMA Awards!

Tonight a friend and I are heading to the Wines of Colorado for their famous wineburgers and grilled chicken, and probably a glass of wine to go with it! And after that, I will once again try my fire-making skills when I arrive home - if all else fails, I have lots of blankets.............

1 comment:

ahh bear said...

I think that's so cute that he showed you once again how to light a fire! Whenever I drive Sam's car (it has this push button thingy to start it) I have to ask for instructions!