Friday, December 17, 2010

An Early Gift!!

My hubby works so hard and rarely buys anything for himself and I always make it a point to spend a little extra on Christmas, his birthday, and Father's Day! So his gifts are all wrapped, under the tree, just waiting for Christmas Day.

So over the weekend, him and Robby go to our other property so he can bring back his "ice hut" that he built himself - him and Gary are going ice fishing on Monday!! As soon as I saw that poor, pathetic hut that needed SO much work before he could even take it on Monday, I made the decision to buy him one!! I knew Robby had one of those "pop-up" ones so I emailed him and asked him to find a couple of them that he thought Glenn might like!

I ordered a fishing hut on Monday morning, 7:30am from Sportsman Warehouse out of Utah and it was delivered on Wed. morning, 10:00am from Fed Ex!!! Now that's SERVICE!!

Last night I decided I would give it to him - I put him in the office and shut the door and carried the LONG box to our kitchen island - then proceeded to open the door and sing the "Merry Christmas" song to him with these words: Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Have a Happy Father's Day!!!

He was not only shocked to see it lying there but also very excited!! And of course we decided to practice setting it up - not realizing how much space it would take!!! WHOA - that thing was big!!! I moved the recliner out of the way to give Glenn room to pop it up and it did go up very easily, once we figured where to pull!!

I decided to run up to the loft and take a pic since it was too large to get an idea of how big it really was!! I had ordered a 4 man hut since they were out of 3 man huts and Glenn was glad I had ordered the larger one!!

One of the BEST parts about it: it goes down very easily and all fits very nicely in a long backpack like duffel bag!! I had my doubts that it would fit back in the case but it DID!!!

SO he's ready for ice fishing with Gary on Monday!!! Let's hope they catch some!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

That's so nice! And how cool that such a big thing fits into such a small backpack!! I would just like to see it happen :)

DrKeppy said...

Hooray! That looks so nice - Gary is SO excited to try it out! I can't believe that huge hut folds up that small!

Teri said...

That is really neat looking. I am sure the guys will really enjoy it. What a great idea!