Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gary's Birthday Weekend!

Please don't tell me it's Thursday already and I haven't even blogged about the weekend????

OK, it IS Thursday and I'm behind.................

We were excited to have GARY, Jessi and kids come down for TWO nights - Gary rarely gets to come because of his work schedule but with his 3 days off for his birthday, they headed on down Sunday morning!!

Jessi and I decided to just RELAX most of the day - I don't even remember what we did to be honest - all I know is it was nice to just sit around and play with the kids!! Kenzie decided to just crawl in the toy box to admire and play with the beads!! Between her and Aleah, these beads get a LOT of use and I'm thinking - hmmmmmmm, I spent HOW MUCH on these two little girls when they probably would have been excited to each get about 6 strands of Mardi Gras beads???

Because I had to work on Monday, Jessi spent the day with the kids and they had a REAL tea party that I had to miss!! But Jessi took some cute pictures so I had to "pretend" I was there!!

The guys went ice fishing for the WHOLE day - they're really both die-hards when it comes to fishing!! Glenn got to try out his NEW ice hut and it worked great - although it really didn't bring them good luck in the fishing department!! They stayed until Glenn had caught a couple of fish and by then it was dark and time to head home - but they had fun and that's all that counts!!
I enjoy reading to the kids so we crawled up on the guest bed and read a while!!

We did have cake and ice cream for Gary's birthday but the picture I took really didn't come out at all - but we had fun singing him Happy Birthday and enjoying his cake!!
Since Mackenzie had received some bath toys from friends, we decided to give the kids a bath so they could try them out!! Mackenzie LOVED her mermaid Barbie and both kids enjoyed the "colored" water from the fizz tablets!!

It was a great weekend as usual and since we get to see them Friday, the withdrawal symptoms weren't bad at all!!!

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

It was a fun weekend!! We are so glad we got to spend it with you!