Friday, December 10, 2010

Another BLISSFUL Day Off!

SO what did I do on my 2nd week day off? I had an absolutely WONDERFUL massage with a new gal that I really liked!! She uses a lot of the same techniques that my other one used BUT uses HOT, MOIST TOWELS over parts of your body that felt SO GOOD!! I've already booked my next one!!

And the rest of the afternoon? I spent it on the couch, reading a book!! I started downstairs in the family room because the wood stove was going and it was toasty warm - but after a massage, I have a hard time STAYING warm!! So I brought my electric blanket downstairs (it's not one we use on the bed, just a small twin size one that I use when I'm cold!) and set it to high!!

After a while, I decided to move upstairs so I could enjoy the decorations as I read - I fixed myself a "special" coffee and not only finished my book, but started another one! It was ONE WONDERFUL DAY!!

My sister Teri had suggested quite a while ago to read a series of books about "knitting". At the time, it didn't sound too interesting to me but when I was at my used book store, I unknowingly bought the first book in the series - and of course couldn't put it down!! The book I finished on Wednesday was the #2 book in the series and now I'll have to get the next one to read!! Thanks Teri for a GREAT suggestion! Easy reading and a REALLY enjoyable series!!

What will next week bring????

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

Sounds like a perfect day! What books are you reading?

Becky Raymond said...

Since I just finished up the 2 knitting books, I'm now on A Painted House by John Grisham

DrKeppy said...

That sounds absolutely DIVINE! I had those books on my list to read - glad to know they are good! Maybe I can borrow them?! Glad you liked the massage therapist too! :)

Teri said...

OK I give! What books did I recommend? I can't think of any knitting books that I have ever read - anxious to hear! But it sounds like a wonderful day. I get a couple of nights in the condo this week and I will be sewing to my hearts content while watching girly movies!