Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Events!!

I love, love, love the holiday season!! And I was excited when Jessi and the kids decided to come down so they could participate in a couple of the events held in town!!

But FIRST, the cracker mix had to be made!! I knew Evan would get a kick out of dumping around 15 boxes or sacks of crackers and nuts, etc. so Jessi opened them, I held the garbage sacks open and Evan dumped! Then I poured the "mix" on top, shook it up and turned the bag every couple of hours for the next 2 days - tonight it will be ready to put into containers for gifts!!

Next on the list was the Holiday Home Tour which consists of going to 6 different homes in the Woodland Park area and touring them - of course they were ALL decorated for Christmas!! Glenn was sweet to babysit the kids (although they slept the ENTIRE time we were gone except for the last 15 minutes so his job wasn't TOO tough!!) while Jessi and I headed in to explore the homes - WOW - we fell in love with the first home and couldn't get over some of the amazing things that were done to that house!! It was our favorite for the afternoon!!

After a trip back home and a quick dinner, it was time to head back in for the Christmas Parade! We hadn't been to one in years so were excited! Was it cold??? ABSOLUTELY!! But we were bundled up good!!

We did arrive about 1/2 hour early to get a good spot and luckily there was a bench right behind where Jessi and I staked out our claim so Glenn had a seat and kept the kids warm for a while!


Main street ( a major highway) was blocked off for the occasion and rerouted around the town and it was neat being on Main Street with the beautifully decorated stores and lights!! The parade lasted almost an hour!! And yes, we were getting pretty cold by that time but about 1/2 through, the Lions Club brought around FREE hot chocolate and I can't tell you how great that tasted going down!!

Sunday morning Jessi and I did MY Christmas baking which really isn't baking at all but candy making - chocolate covered peanut butter balls and caramel pecan bars - they BOTH turned out excellent and we'll be enjoying them until Christmas!!
Jessi and I decided that the weekend needs to be an annual event since the home tour and the parade were SO much fun!! Maybe next year I can get the other 2 girls to come down too - although I'm not sure Glenn could handle 6 kids!! Thanks Jessi for a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Teri said...

That sounds like so much fun! I don't think I have ever been to a holiday parade and without grandkids here, I don't think I will be attending one too soon!

DrKeppy said...

Oh that marvelous house...I wish we had pictures to remember it by! I had SO much fun over the weekend! And did you notice I convenietly left ALL the candy from the parade with you?!! Thanks for the fun times!

Becky Raymond said...

I DID notice that!! I sent it with Glenn to his work, hoping that Adam eats it all and NOT Glenn!!

ahh bear said...

Okay - I must know more about this cracker mix! We're having a holiday party & I wanted to send the guests home with some homemade goodies - this sounds like it might be perfect - may I have the recipe please??