Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Warning!

Yesterday I took the day off - I've been taking a day a week in December since I have vacation time to use up and although I wasn't feeling well, I had plans to head to Colorado Springs to spend my Christmas bonus from my boss and I just didn't want to give that up - I made a quick trip down in the morning and was back home by 1:30!! Only today I'm paying for it because I'm home sick - yes, I have that darn cough and sore throat back so I'm spending the day on the couch in hopes I'll be a little better tomorrow for our New Year's Eve activities!!

Anyway, I had a great time shopping and found exactly what I was looking for - a new coat, a pair of black shoes and a pair of tennis shoes, a case for my new movie camera, a pair of jeans, and a new white robe!

I was at Walmart when I saw the fluffiest, cutest robes hanging on a rack - they were SO SOFT!! But I couldn't tell if they were below the knee or floor length so just decided to try a black one on - BIG MISTAKE!!! I was wearing a light blue/purple sweater (one of those soft, clingy ones) and a pair of light tan brushed denim jeans - I tried on the robe and decided it was NOT long enough so took it off and then looked down at myself - I was COMPLETELY COVERED with black fuzz - everywhere the robe had been in contact with my clothing was black!!! Oh my gosh, I looked hideous - what to do - I started picking off the bigger chunks but soon realized that would take hours so I wheeled myself over to housewares and found a lint brush - I took off the outer covering and started de-linting myself - and it took 3 times of tearing off the lint roll before my clothes looked better!! Trust me, I did NOT buy that robe!!

So a word to the wise - it you see a nice fluffly robe, DO NOT TRY IT ON!!! Buy it and then take it home and try it on!!

1 comment:

ahh bear said...

Oh no!!!! At least you can solution just about anything at Wal-Mart!