Thursday, December 2, 2010

WHAT???? A Day Off????

Glenn and I did NOT take a fall vacation this year - and since we're nearing the end of the year, I happened to look at my little vacation chart to see how many days I've used this year and lo and behold, I still had 7 vacation days!!! SEVEN DAYS!!!! WOW - I was one excited girl!!

But alas, we're not going anywhere...........So I just decided to take a day a week until Christmas and then I'll probably just carry over the extra days!

What am I doing on these days off? I'm doing "ME" things!!

Yesterday was the first one - and I decided that in order to really enjoy the rest of my days off, I needed to get completely caught up on the shopping and the list of errands I had to do! But I STILL had a great day - I got up as usual but instead of heading to work, I backtracked to Florissant to get some yummy coffee at Costello's - then it was off to W. Pk to get Christmas letters ran off, Christmas pics picked up, a Walmart run and newspapers to the recycle center.

And then it was to Colorado Springs to finish up the Christmas shopping - ALL of this was done by 12:00 and by then, I was sitting in the movie theater watching "The Next Three Days" with Russell Crowe - a great movie which I WILL watch again when it comes out on DVD!

What am I doing with my other days off? HMMMM - I know one day will be scrapbooking, one day will be a FULL day of reading (hopefully an entire book) and the others are yet to be decided!! Got any ideas for me????

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I'm so jealous!! Movie day? Sleep in, laze about, paint your nails day?

DrKeppy said...

That sounds SO nice! How about trading days with ME!!? LOL
I think scrapbooking sounds great, baking, call a friend you haven't talked to in awhile, catch a Christmas play somewhere, surprise a friend with lunch, sit and enjoy the quiet (oh wait, that's not an issue for you!!!)......

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun! Oh to have a day to myself! Enjoy them all. I would sit around and read and watch movies all day and maybe some crafting.