Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And The Quads Surface!!

I've been carrying my camera in my bag that goes to work in hopes of getting some elk pictures but it hasn't happened yet! But I took my camera camping and of course it didn't get put back in my work bag! Of course when I went to work on Monday morning, what's in the office yard but a doe and her cute baby fawn - darn, another photo missed!

So this morning I was sure to bring the camera with me to work and of course the little fawn wasn't around - figures! About 4:00 Glenn calls me and says he's hand feeding Heidi (the mama doe who had the quads) and the quads are a few feet away and where's the camera??? I couldn't believe it - no camera at the house!! Of course he's telling me how cute they are and how they're playing and jumping and I'm sitting at my desk in town just burning up with jealousy!!

When I got home, I laid my camera on the counter to have it handy just in case............ And guess what - the 4 little fawns CAME BACK to practically the spot as before - I raced out with my camera and kept inching forward to get as close as I could - I snapped away and the results are below - aren't Salty, Pepper, Sugar and Cinnamon just the cutest little fawns you've ever seen?? I hope they stay around now so I can watch their growth!! I'd love it if our backyard would become their playground!!



2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Oh they ARE so cute!! I was hoping they'd come back to visit you. Maybe they'll be around this weekend!

Teri said...

Wonderful! What fun to watch them grow up.