Monday, July 27, 2009

Movie Marathon

I spent the weekend at home - imagine that! Since I hadn't been home for 3 weekends, it was kind of nice to get re-acquainted with my house! The floors were begging to be vaccumed and the dust hanging around all those items that have to be dusted were screaming, "me, me" - "dust me"!! So I did............

I even managed to make a couple of salads, a dip and a dessert for company that was coming late Saturday afternoon - I played Betty Crocker to the hilt! And we had a fabulous evening with our company drinking the most awesome peach fizzies (the peaches are FINALLY sweet now!) and crawling into the hot tub after a major thunderstorm!

SO when Sunday came I decided it was going to be a "Movie Marathon" day - after all, it was dark and dreary and rainy outside so I couldn't stain the deck and my list for the weekend was done!

By 10:00, I was snug in the lower level with coffee in hand, swedish weaving on my lap and 7 movies picked out to watch - no, I couldn't watch all 7 and it was pretty tough deciding what to watch but my picks for the day were: Sweet Home Alabama (where I cried at the happy parts), Message In A Bottle (where I cried at the sad parts and reminisced about my sister and I going to the movie theater TWICE when she was here and seeing this movie), The Thomas Crown Affair (where I didn't cry but SERIOUSLY thought about our trip this fall after seeing the island scene in the movie - beaches sure were looking good yesterday!) and finally The Italian Job (where I LOVE watching the Venice scenary at the beginning and saying over and over to myself - I've been there, I've been there!!)

Glenn came in about 3:00 and watched the last 2 movies with me and we actually started one I had from Netflex - the reason I didn't list it is because it was SO BAD, we turned it off 1/2 way through - my movie time is valuable and why waste it watching something you don't like!

Needless to day, I had an extremely enjoyable day - I got many, many rows done on my blanket, watched some great movies, and of course snacked the entire day while it rained outside!

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

I love love love Sweet Home Alabama! I think it's my 2nd favorite movie (behind Something to Talk About). What was the bad movie? Maybe it could be a public service so that we don't rent it!

Teri said...

What a great day! I always say I am going to do that someday but never take the time!

DrKeppy said...

Shoot I'm glad my house doesn't tell me to clean it - I might just go crazy! :)

Becky Raymond said...

The CORNY, NOT WORTH WATCHING movie was "The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". I can already hear you sigh, thinking that was a dumb movie to rent in the first place!! I heartily agree!! Although the first "Mummy" movie was actually fun to watch - I enjoy Brandon Frazier but as we all know - the 2nd and 3rd sequels are NEVER as good!!