Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Notes

I can't wait to go home tonight and eat dinner - my good friend Joleen brought me back 2 beautiful red tomatos from her daughter's garden in KS - and I get to have a BLT! I don't even have to share as Glenn is taking the day off and fishing - but I will save him one of course!

When anybody asks me if I miss anything about the midwest, my response is always the same - I MISS TOMATOS!! You can't truly appreciate a good Iowa or Kansas tomato until you have tasted the ones here in Colorado - there is absolutely no comparison!! Our tomatos have no taste, no flavor, no nothing - it's like there's just something extra on your hamburger with a little bit of crunch that happens to be red! Thank you Joleen and Becca for making my dinner special tonight!
..........................

And since it's Friday, you'll know I DID make it through the week! But not before 2 major things went wrong - 1st, the mouse froze on the extra computer in our spare office - I changed the batteries, I pushed different buttons, I called my computer son-in-law - nothing worked! But yesterday afternoon I was playing around with it again and decided to push a button on the actual mouse and a button on the mouse power source at the same time and lo and behold, that did it!! Who would have thought I could have figured that out??? 2nd, our Farmers email stopped coming in on Wed. afternoon - not good since we receive all our faxes through our email - I cleaned all 3 computers out as the message said we were full but that didn't do the trick - hopefully my boss will stop by this afternoon and solve the problem. If not, oh well...........

...........................

Glenn and I decided to take a trip in October - the question is WHERE? My first choice was to do a houseboat on Lake Powell - out of the question - the rates are WAY beyond the budget! Next I checked out renting a houseboat on Lake Mead, outside of Las Vegas - it's much more reasonable but still too high to consider unless another couple comes along! So after much discussion and looking at the computer for hours on end last night, we have it down to 2 choices: renting a cabin on a lake in MN., or heading to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa in Mexico! Pretty much from one extreme to the other, huh? I'll keep you informed......................

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

Do you have a garden? We've been getting a million tomatoes from ours and they are the reddest tomatoes I've ever seen!

DrKeppy said...

Mmmm I could go for one of those tomatoes right now - enjoy! And yes I am so impressed that you fixed the mouse all by yourself! Next - you know we are planning a trip to Lake Powell all together in 7 years right? :) That's not too long to wait lol. Have fun deciding where you want to go! (the Littleton pumpkin patch festival is Oct 10th)

Becky Raymond said...

No Amanda, I don't have a garden - growing one at this high elevation is a REAL challenge - not that I would have one anyway, I'm just not into gardening!! But I LOVE going to the Farmers Market and buying all the fresh veggies! And Jessi, the date is on my calendar! (Lake Powell AND the Pumpkin Patch - ha ha)

Teri said...

We are still waiting for tomatoes here - it has been a very cool summer so not many good ones yet. But that sandwich sure sounds good!