Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Right In My Own Backyard


Tuesday is trash day - and have you noticed how the trash smells so much worse in the summer than in the winter! WOW!

Anyway, because of the wildlife around here, we keep the trash in a CLOSED trash barrel in the storage room until Tuesday morning where we load it in the back of my car and take it to the bottom of the driveway where there's another trash barrel! So this morning, the stinky trash is in the back of the car and I go to get the barrel out of the trees and lo and behold, standing there in all its' glory is a columbine - a single columbine flower, right on our property!
Of course I had no time to run back to the house to get my camera and Glenn joked that it would still be there after work, as long as a deer didn't eat it!! And for once, I didn't care if any deer were around the house today! But yes, the columbine was still there for my enjoyment - and I'll be anxious to see if it is still there in the morning when I walk!



1 comment:

Teri said...

What a beautiful flower - don't know if I had ever seen one of those before!