Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Smiths/Outside Fun/Daiquiris

Late Saturday afternoon I headed to Jaime's - Jaime had to work till 6:00 so I spent some time outdoors with the kids -jumping rope, having sword fights with the noodles, playing ball, watching Rayna ride her bike and having Kylan pick me every flower he could find out back!!



Goofy Kylan decided to wear these pink sunglasses that are really Rayna's and he also had on a t-shirt of Rayna's that was so totally "girly" and then he stuck the ball under the shirt - we laughed and laughed!



I called Jaime before she left work and asked her to bring home strawberries and lemonade so I could make daiquiris that evening - and she did - so after dinner I'm ready to make them and ask her where her blender is - can you believe it, she doesn't have one!!! But we decided that the "magic bullet" would work just fine - it's really for smoothies but I decided I could make individual ones for her and me so I guessed on the amount of strawberries, lemonade, rum and sugar. They're all set to be crushed up and guess what - the bullet doesn't work!! Jaime thinks the motor is gone - darn - I was SO looking forward to that daiquiri!! But Brad is out and about and says he'll stop at Walmart and pick up another one!

So when Brad gets home, we unwrap the new "magic bullet" and Jaime puts the container on to mix it up and lo and behold, the brand new one doesn't work! We were NOT meant to have drinks that night!! But she had a hand-held mixer thing that we ended up using and no, it didn't work great, but it got the job done!! (Jessi's went over there for dinner on Sunday night -she just had to call and tell me that she not only got the NEW bullet to work, but also the old one - something wasn't fitted on the machine properly - great job Jessi!!)

For some reason, everything we did at Jaime's house was extra funny and we laughed and laughed throughout the time I was there! It was fun spending special time with Rayna and Kylan but soon it was time to head to the next place..................




1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

I can't stop laughing at that picture of Kylan - that is tooooo funny! I still need to see the picture of Brad's crazy morning hair...