Thursday, July 9, 2009

Observation Night!

I was excited to drive on the gravel road last night because the maintainer had been out!! NO more washboard (for at least a few days anyway!) and no more side-stepping the ridges when I'm out walking in the morning! I had no idea how hard it was to walk on the washboards in the road until I had to do it!

It was a busy night at our household - because we're going camping this weekend, I knew our evenings would be "work" evenings in order to catch up from the weekend before (Aleah's birth) and to try to get the things that we SHOULD be doing THIS weekend done in advance!! We are thrilled that Glenn has a couple of granite jobs to do - so we work hard during the week and play on the weekends!

. . . . . . . . . . .

I crawled up on my stepstool last night to get a casserole dish down that I rarely use and couldn't believe the dust on my top cupboard - YIKES - I wasn't planning on cleaning cupboards this summer but I may have to re-think that!

. . . . . . . . . . .

My project last night was to put together a set of 9 cubicles that turn into a storage unit for our closet! Jaime had purchased 2 or 3 sets of these at Lowe's and I loved them in her closet so when I went shopping last Friday, I got a set. She had told me she put them ALL together by herself, no help from hubby! So I was bound and determined to put my 1 set together with no help from Glenn - yea, right!! I gathered all the tools I would need, spread out the directions and proceeded to read them! It didn't sound very difficult but there were 3 sets of long boards that were to be used as A, B, and C boards and I just couldn't decide which boards were which?? Now, they could have marked each board with an A, B, or C sticker but that would have made the building process WAY too easy!

45 minutes later I called in the reinforcements! By this time I was hot and sweaty and mad and disgusted as after getting it part way together, I realized I had the wrong LONG board and had to take it all apart! Of course Glenn willingly came in and had the whole thing put together in 15 minutes - OK, so I'm geographically challenged AND mechanically challenged - hopefully someday I'll find something I'm good at............

The cubicles look great in the closet and how nice to have all our jeans, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and shorts in cubbies instead of piled on a small shelf!

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I had a Freckles and Speckles sighting last night!! I was starting to clean the kitchen and happened to look out the window and saw a little fawn - I grabbed the camera and raced outside and tried to be quiet so I could get a little closer to snap pictures!! But boy those little fawns just blend into the trees and grass - I snapped and snapped but really didn't get a good picture until they went down on the road! They are cute as can be!!

And Glenn said later on, they were still in the bunch of trees by our driveway so hopefully they'll stick around. Unfortunately, we have NOT seen the quads since those first couple of days! I do hope they're all OK as there have been coyote and mountain lion sightings in our subdivision!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Well it's a good thing you have a handy man around :) All the names you have for the fawns are so "you" that it just cracks me up everytime!

Teri said...

Hope you had a great time camping. Sounds like you are really getting your house organized. And I know exactly what you mean by trying to put together those units!