Friday, November 6, 2015

Daylight Savings

I'm all for banning this!!  Not only does it disturb my sleep pattern but it also makes me change all the clocks and watches in the house twice a year!  And then if you forget................

Take for instance Sunday evening - I had come home from Denver and Glenn had a couple of the clocks changed but not all of them.  I proceeded to take care of that but of course forgot about the clock radio by my bedside.  By the time I went to bed, I was too tired to change it so assured myself that it was no big deal because I would do it the next day!

Fast forward to morning - like 6:15am showing on the clock but it's really 5:15am - Glenn is up and getting dressed.................when I tell him it's only 5:15, he sighs and comes back to bed but of course we're both awake by this time and can't get back to sleep - GRRRRRRRR!!!

I DO like the lightness in the morning (which will last a whole 30 days if we're lucky!) but I sure don't care for darkness at 5:30.  I've been scurrying around the past 3 nights like crazy trying to get dinner on the table when there is really no sense in that since it's still late afternoon................sigh...........

I sincerely doubt anybody will heed my wishes in this department!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I agree! Try telling a baby about DST..... :)

Teri said...

I have heard rumors of states getting rid of it and states staying on it all the time - will be interesting to see what happens. I actually enjoy the change - mixes up my life just a little but I do understand the problems!