Monday, November 9, 2015

Fly Fly Away FLIES

Although the weather has been quite cold at night, most of our days are really sunny and warm.   But along with this daily sunny weather comes the flies - yup, I have been dealing with dopey flies for the last month! (And I have NO idea where they come from!!  My doors are NOT open.)

It's no exaggeration when I say that I DAILY go around the house and pick up about 10 to 15 dead flies - not just in the windows either - they drop wherever they are!!  About 2 or 3 times a week, I get the vacuum out and suck all the dead ones out of the window panes, stuck down in there (you know how that is) and that's not fun!

I thought that with the REALLY cold nights we've had the last week, (we're talking 10 to 15 degrees in the morning) that all of the flies would die but it hasn't happened yet!    They're still flying around and dive bombing into you as they're 1/2 dead, but the numbers are getting less!

I won't complain about the nice sunny days - but I will complain about the fly population!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I just found several dead flyee things on my condo floor when I got there last night - weird!

DrKeppy said...

It so weird how many flies you have! I guess half dead ones are better than fully alive annoying ones! :)