Saturday, November 21, 2015

MockingJay II

We took a much needed break from the house and headed into town mid afternoon to see a movie - of course first we had to stop at Foxworth for building materials - the NEVER ENDING things to build a house!!

And then we were off to see MockingJay II!!  I love our little theater because it ALWAYS has the new releases so we really don't have to head to Co Springs unless we want to see a movie on the BIG screen!  The screens at our theater aren't the huge ones but they work just fine and it's sure a lot closer!

So was the movie amazing?  No - it wasn't amazing - but it was good!!

I think that after waiting so long to see the final episode of these books, that it was just a little disappointing to me....................  I loved Hunger Games and Catching Fire but the last 2 movies just weren't up to par with the first two!  I also believe they could have easily just did one part of MockingJay instead of putting it into 2 parts!  There were several areas in the movie where it seemed to move a little too slow!

But it does make me anxious to go back and re-read all 3 books - which of course are MORE fun to read after you've seen the movies since you can put places and faces to what you're reading!

We ended the evening with dinner at The Smokehouse - so all in all, a great day!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Bummer was hoping it would get rave reviews! The books are ALWAYS better anyway! :)

Teri said...

Em and I are going tonight. I have been listening to the books on tape and then watching the movies as I listened - interesting to compare them!