Monday, November 2, 2015

Early Treats and Swim Meets

I was Denver bound early Friday morning to babysit the Keppy's!  Both Jessi and Gary had to work and since the older 2 were on fall break, I was thrilled to babysit all 3 of them!  We had a fun day together and Gwyn was so good - she ate just fine and actually took 2 naps!!

After an early dinner, Jessi and I picked up Kylan and Rayna and we headed to Dairy Queen so I could buy them all their Halloween treats!!  I hadn't had a blizzard in a while - yum!!!

 Saturday morning was an early one - Gary, Evan and Gwyn headed to Evan's swim meet first and then Kenzie and I headed over.  Parking was awful and we ended up on a side street with a busy street to cross - of course I was carrying a picnic lunch, 2 chairs in bags plus my water, a purse and a thermos with hot water to warm up Gwyn's bottle!!  But Kenzie and I managed to get into the meet and as I walked in, I KNEW I hadn't dressed properly!!    The heat and humidity hit me as soon as I opened the door - where was my tshirt and shorts when I needed them??  And all I could do was bemoan the fact that I had on a long sleeved cotton top, jeans, socks and shoes (I needed a bathing suit and flip flops!!)

Evan had already swam in his first race but still had 4 more to go!!  It was SO FUN to watch him swim!

 All set and ready to swim!!

 In between races, I held Gwyn and SWEAT!!!  My gosh it was warm in there!!  Gwyn was getting hotter and hotter too so I stripped her down and that seemed to help her !!  Gary had to leave to head to work but Jessi arrived about 45 minutes later!!

Evan did excellent in his races - we won't know the final outcome till he has practice this week but I'm sure he did well - he's a great little swimmer!!

 I went outside for a while to cool down after Jessi arrived and noticed there was an area you could get to out the back where there were a few picnic tables so we headed out there for our lunch and enjoyed the cool fresh air!!

One more race for Evan and the meet was over!!  It was great to finally get to see him swim!!


2 comments:

Teri said...

Looks like a great swimmer. Lauren asked for swim lessons for her birthday so she started them last week. It will be nice when she can swim by herselft.

DrKeppy said...

Well at least the swim meet was memorable - ha! :) It was sure more fun with you there!