Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Even The Most Diligent Make Mistakes!

That would be me.  I don't often make major mistakes but I sure did this last week!

I handle the budget, the bills, the insurance, the bank accounts - anything that has to do with bookkeeping and I do a great job of it - most of the time...........

A week or so ago the bill came in for the annual pickup license plate (the old truck that has our pop up camper on it) - I promptly paid it and the tags arrived this last week.  I threw it in the wicker basket (the catch all place for things to take care of) and waited until the new pickup tags came in and then went to put them both on.

I was looking at the old pickup tags and wondered why the registration said a 1994 pickup instead of a 1996 pickup!!  I panicked and then pulled out the vehicle insurance and sure enough it stated it is a 1996 pickup!!  And then it dawned on me - I had renewed the pickup tags on the white truck that we had bought from Mountain Aspen when we sold the business, AND which we had sold to a neighbor a couple months back.................the pickup hasn't run for a year and needs work - so I know the neighbor won't be licensing it until he gets it running so there goes handing him the tags and paying me!!

I will TRY and get a copy of the signed title and take it into the motor vehicle department and just see if they will give me a refund but it's highly doubtful - they're not known for making refunds!!  Oh well, at least the tag was under $100 but I'm still upset that I made that costly error!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I hate it when I do stuff like that! Sometimes there is just too much to remember!

DrKeppy said...

You do realize this had to happen so the rest of us don't look quite so bad right?! Ha!